In recent years, global mental health statistics for children have painted a worrying picture. Teachers’ mental health and teacher attrition rates have also been concerning. The impact of Covid-19 is showing us that, more than ever, we need a stronger focus on wellbeing in education.
In this free webinar from the SMARTcurriculum Academy Series, positive education advocate and former teacher Frederika Roberts shares the science of wellbeing and covers:
- How a focus on wellbeing supports and enhances, rather than undermines, academic achievement.
- Is having a ‘Wellbeing Lead’ or ‘Wellbeing Lessons’ enough?
- What is positive education?
- Introducing the LeAF – Learn and Flourish – model of whole school positive education.
- LeAF in practice: Examples from around the world, across a range of school settings.
Many schools incorporate elements of positive education but may not label them as such. During this inspiring and powerful webinar, you have the opportunity to explore what you are already doing and how you can build on it.
Positive education advocate and former teacher Frederika Roberts shares the science of wellbeing through speaking, training, lecturing and writing. Known for her ability to translate her expertise into practical tools for everyday life, Frederika has been interviewed and quoted in the press and media ranging from BBC radio and TV to Glamour magazine.
She is the founder of Educate to Flourish CIC, author of Recipe for Happiness and For Flourishing’s Sake and co-author of Character Toolkit for Teachers and the Character Toolkit Strength Cards.
Frederika holds an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology and is currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education.
She tweets @Frederika_R & @EduFlourish